Self-healing is an important part of your personal development and self-discovery. Reiki is not just a tool for healing; it also brings protection, prevention and personal transformation on all levels. As you progress along your new path, inevitably you will come up against obstacles and setbacks in your life that often seem like the whole oceanfront, but with Reiki, you will have the strength to deal with them as though they are but pebbles on the beach. Even if you never use Reiki to heal anyone but yourself, you will find a new sense of balance and peace in your life.
Reiki Self Treatment Hand Positions
The following positions are the twelve hand positions originally taught by Hayawo Takata. Feel free to modify them as you see fit.
Position 1: Eyes/Face
- Cup your hands gently and rest them over your eyes, cheekbone, and forehead (third eye chakra)
- Good for stress, eye problems, asthma, head colds, allergies, sinuses, pituitary gland, pineal gland, and cerebral nerves
Position 2: Temples
- Hands on either side of head with fingers covering temples
- Good for brains, tinnitus, hearing and ear problems, colds, flu, and balancing the functionality between the right and left brain
Position 3: Back of Head
- Hands on the back of your head
- Good for headaches, eye problems, stress, hay fever, sinuses, digestive disorders, fears, phobias, shock, depression, and stroke
Position 4: Throat
- Hands around your neck with the heels covering the throat (throat chakra)
- Good for self expression, communication, breathing, voice and speech problems, bronchitis, flu colds, and anger
Position 5: Heart
- Hands over chest, covering heart and thymus gland (heart chakra)
- Good for heart, angina, lungs, thyroid, weight problems, immune system, limbic system, emotional problems, and stress
Position 6 thru 8: Belly and Pelvis
- Hands are positioned horizontally just below the ribs with the finger tips touching. Move the hands down as shown, covering just below the belly button, and then ending in a V inside the hip bone.
- Good for all major organs and glands, disease, infections, stomach, intestines, reproductive system, anger, and emotions
Position 9 thru 12: Shoulders and Back
- Hands first positioned on shoulders, then horizontally with the fingertips touching at the bottom of the ribs, the area opposite the belly button, and ending in a V at the base of the spine.
- Good for all major organs and glands, disease, infections, back and spine problems, and stress