There are a lot of great meditations in Usui Reiki Ryoho. Some of them are brought in from other systems and others are one passed down through the Usui Reiki Ryoho Gakkai since it’s beginning. One of the more powerful meditations is Chakra Kassei Kokyu Ho.
Chakra Kassei Kokyu Ho means the breathing technique for charka activating. It allows you to penetrate Reiki through your whole body and activate your charkas.
- Close, or half close the eyes. Breathe slowly, and naturally. Raise your hands high above the head. Feel the vibrations of the Reiki Light flushing into the whole of the body. Move the hands slowly down onto your lap, keep the eyes closed.
- Do abdominal breathing. (That is breathe in and out at the abdomen.) Breathe in as your abdomen expands and breathe out as the abdomen shrinks. Do this exercise until you feel calm and relaxed.
- While breathing in, visualize or imagine that Reiki is coming in through the top of the head and reaching into every cell of the body. Feel the whole body filled with light. While breathing out, visualize that all the tension and negative thoughts are released out of the body. Continue these breathing exercises for a while.
- At the beginning practice the basic breathing. (Chakras 1-root, 4-heart, 7-crown).
- Breathe in the energy from 1 (Root). Move the energy to 4 (Heart). Feel the energy there, then breathe out from 4 (Flush the energy out from the center of the Heart charka in all directions.).
- Breathe in the energy from all directions into the center of 4 (Heart), move the energy to 7 (Crown) and breathe out from there.
- Breathe in from 7 (Crown), feel in 4 (Heart), then breathe out from 4 (Heart).
- Breathe in from 4 (Heart), breathe out from 1 (Root).
- Carry out the procedure of a-d for several times, then go to the next. (This is the basic breathing with 1,4,7 chakra activation.)
- To activate other charkas, carry out Step 4 but replace the 4th chakra to 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 6th.
- Carry out the basic breathing once, at last.
- If you do not have enough time for the full exercise, only the basic breathing is effective.
This meditation has a lot going for it: visualization, moving energy, chakra work, and self healing. If you do this meditation regularly, you will see all of your energy work improve. If you have trouble with this meditation, spend some time doing Joshin Kokyu Ho for a while first.
Do you have any idea when this was introduced? Is this one of the new techniques added by Doi Sensei? Domo.
This is a technique that I learned in Gendai Reiki Ho. Chakra Kassei Kokyu ho is listed as a Gendai Reiki technique in Rick Rivard’s training material and not under Usui Reiki Ryoho techniques. And since Japanese follow TCM and not the Chakra system, that tells me Doi-sensei added this technique.